The Disney Parks Blog has announced the official opening date for the brand new restaurant in Toy Story Land, Roundup Rodeo BBQ!
Ready to start your own blog? Click here to learn how.
According to the post by Karen McClintock, the restaurant, which is set to open March 23rd, will serve a variety of BBQ offerings, as well as drinks and desserts. Reservations will be available soon. See below for more details!
Howdy, partners! Get ready for some mouthwatering BBQ and all the fixin’s at Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – opening March 23, 2023.
Using some of his favorite toys, games, and playsets, Andy has created a rodeo arena for his toys … and all honorary toys visiting Andy’s backyard. Chow down on house-smoked meats, a roundup of sides, sweet surprises, and more in this western-themed family-style restaurant, where you’ll see the world through the eyes of Andy’s toys.
OK, buckaroos, let’s check out the menu. Yee-Haw!
Start with the Prospector’s Homemade Cheddar Biscuits served with sweet pepper jelly. They’re so delicious you might be tempted to fill up on them but be sure to save room for all the delicious grub comin’ to the table!
Fresh, delicious salads for all to enjoy!
- Tomato Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled red onions tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with fresh dill (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad: Romaine and kale mixed with green apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries tossed with green goddess dressing
- Watermelon Salad: Cubed watermelon garnished with freshly torn mint leaves (plant-based)
Enjoy a hearty serving of house-smoked meats, including:
- Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs: Fall-off-the-bone pork ribs, slow-cooked for hours in our onsite smokehouse
- Buttercup’s Beef Brisket: Hand-sliced beef brisket, smoked then slow-cooked to juicy perfection
- There’s a Sausage in My Boot: Spiced pork sausage fire-grilled over live oak to give it an added kick
- BBQ Chicken – with Style! Chicken brined for 48 hours, rubbed with our secret backyard BBQ spice and smoked to tender juiciness
Savory plant-based offerings are available upon request:
- Slow-smoked Cauliflower topped with sweet harissa drizzle and crunchy walnut gremolata
- Oven-roasted “Bratwurst” that is tender and juicy, sliced to perfection
- Impossible “Rib Chop” seasoned with spices, then roasted and glazed with sweet BBQ sauce and skewered on a sugar cane “bone”
All entreés served with an assortment of sweet, traditional, and spicy BBQ sauces.
Choose four of the following sides for the table:
- The Married Spuds: Loaded potato barrels drizzled with green goddess dressing, cheese sauce, and seasoned BBQ spices
- Force Field Fried Pickles: Jumbo pickle spears coated with a dill-flavored breading and fried to perfection
- Slinky Doooooooooog Mac & Cheese: Spiral pasta in a creamy house-made cheese sauce topped with crumbled cheddar crackers
- Buckin’ Baked Beans: A traditional BBQ picnic favorite (plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob: Grilled and seasoned with a chili-lime spice blend, cilantro, cotija cheese, and lime juice
- Mean Old Potato Salad: Homestyle with red-skinned potatoes
- Veggie Slaw: Crunchy shredded veggie slaw that is a summertime favorite! (plant-based)
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables: A variety of roasted seasonal vegetables (plant-based)
These perfectly portioned chuckwagon desserts offer a sweet take on the BBQ picnic classics.
Choose from a selection for the table:
- Cupcake à la Forky: Forky is up to something sweet! A classic chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate ganache center topped with velvety graham cracker buttercream and a sugar cookie
- Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake: An iconic creamy dessert that balances the tanginess of the cheesecake with the natural sweetness of blueberries and lemon
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie: Layers of graham cracker crust and silky chocolate mousse topped with chantilly cream
- Goat’s Apple Pie: A picnic classic! Tart apples and warm pie spices balance perfectly with the creamy sweet filling under a crumble crust
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie: With its silky sweet peaches and tartness of strawberries, this dessert is a fruit-centric delight! (plant-based)
An assortment of craft cocktails and nonalcoholic beverages will have you feeling nostalgic for backyard picnics on warm summer days.
Grown-up Craft Cocktails:
- Snake Eye Margarita: Inspired by a summertime BBQ featuring watermelon, smoke, and a bit of spice!
- Rum Punch: Rum punch with vibrant flavors of passion fruit and pineapple finished with a smoky spiced garnish
- Chocolate with a Grown-up Twist: A blend of chocolate rum, horchata liqueur, cocoa, and flavors of toasted marshmallow
- Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly: A fun frozen twist on the classic peanut butter & jelly featuring peanut butter whiskey
- Whiskey Lemonade: A fresh take on a strawberry lemonade made with Tennessee whiskey and Italian bitter aperitif
- The Rodeo Mule: A classic “patio sipper,” this mule mixes vodka with fresh juices and ginger beer
A selection of beer, hard cider, and wines by the glass are available.
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea: A frosty concoction with iced tea and citrus flavors
- Frozen Cocoa: A frozen blend of cocoa and vanilla topped with miniature marshmallows
- Partysaurus Tex: Strawberry lemonade is even more fun when you garnish it with gummy worms!
Check back to Disney Parks Blog for dates to start booking reservations for this fun rodeo restaurant Andy has built for his pals. It’s guaran-darn-teed to be a rootin’ tootin’ good time!
Be sure to visit the Disney Eats topics page for more foodie news, and don’t forget to share all the Disney deliciousness using hashtag #DisneyEats. (Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability.)
You can see the new restaurant location from the Slinky Dog Coaster and walking through the land in the video here. For reference, the restaurant will be on the North side of the land with the entrance between the Woody statue and Slinky Dog Coaster.
Are you excited for this restaurant to open? What food options are you looking forward to? Comment below to let us know!
If you’re ready to start exploring a Walt Disney World or Disneyland family vacation, I recommend checking out Undercover Tourist for your ticket options. I’ve already used them twice, once at Disneyland and once at Disney World and will plan to continue comparing their prices with other sites, however I usually come back to UT because they have the best deals and their instructions make it easy to add your tickets to the Disney apps.