The Disney Parks Blog has announced a new Foodie Guide to help celebrate Earth day and Earth Month, which begins this weekend at the Disney World Parks and Resort restaurants.
Ready to start your own blog? Click here to learn how.
First Time Planning? If you are planning your first ever Disney trip or first trip since the pandemic, check out my Disney trip planning tips for first time guests to see how to prepare for your visit to the Happiest Place on Earth! (Link opens in a new tab so you can continue reading the story below)
According to the post by Nicole Cantore, Disney Parks, which will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Animal Kingdom next month, on Earth Day, will be celebrating the special earth conservation day with some fun new menu items. See below for all the delicious details!
We’re continuing to show our appreciation for our planet with special items inspired by Earth Day! While Earth Day and the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park both fall on April 22, Walt Disney World Resort is celebrating the world around us and its creatures all throughout the month with the help of the talented Disney chefs and mixologists!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney Resort Hotels are bringing the beauty of Earth to the plate with delicious dishes like the Elephant Cupcake at Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus, the plant-based Chaat at Sanaa, and the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail Sundae from Tamu Tamu showcasing our very own gorilla – Kejana!
As part of Disney Planet Possible, we’re dedicated to reducing our environmental footprint, supporting conservation efforts, and finding ways for us all to take part in the magic of nature this Earth Month. With so many ways to enjoy Earth Month this year through your taste buds, be sure to continue that love of our planet all year long. Now, let’s explore this year’s Foodie Guide to Earth Month at Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Creature Comforts (Available March 28 through April 30)
- Bee Hive Mousse Dome: Honey mousse on top of a brownie base with sugar bees
- and white chocolate honeycomb (New)
- Rum and Pineapple Cocktail: Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Blue Curaçao Liquor, sour mix, pineapple juice garnish with pineapple wedge showcasing the ocean. The drink takes its name “bahari” from the Swahili word for “ocean.”
Flame Tree Barbecue (Mobile order available)
- Flamingo Cupcake: Strawberry cake, strawberry compote filling, guava buttercream, pink crispy pearls, sugar flamingo, and white chocolate wings (Available starting March 28)
- Bubbling Pink Lagoon: Strawberry lemonade, Sprite, and kiwi flavoring (Also available with glow cube and available with vodka for guests 21 and over) (Available March 28 through April 30) (New)
Nomad Lounge (Available March 31 through April 30)
- Gin and Bitters Cocktail: Cruxland Gin, bitters, and soda water garnished with a lemon wheel and honey simple syrup Inspired by the use of strategically placed beehives to protect the crops of African farmers from elephants (New)
Pizzafari (Available March 28 through April 30; mobile order available)
- Elephant Cupcake: Graham cracker cake, pineapple filling with matcha buttercream, crispy pearls, and a stunning white chocolate elephant celebrating Earth Month (New)
- Viva Gaia Tonic: Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade, Sprite, and cotton candy flavor with mint leaves (Also available with glow cube and available with vodka for guests 21 and over)(New)
Restaurantosaurus (Available March 28 through April 30; mobile order available)
- Elephant Cupcake: Graham cracker cake, pineapple filling with matcha buttercream, crispy pearls, and a stunning white chocolate elephant celebrating Earth Month
Tamu Tamu (Available March 28 through April 30)
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail Sundae: Brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and trail crunch mix topped with a white chocolate image of Kejana (New)
- Roasted Mushroom & Leek Pizza: Plant-based offering with IMPOSSIBLE Meatballs, roasted mushrooms, braised leeks, and a dash of truffle oil (New) (Plant-based)
- Bee Mini-cupcake included with buffet
- A variety of plant-based items including Cauliflower Bunny Chow, Black-eyed Pea Salad, IMPOSSIBLE Bobotie, Feisty Green Beans, Tandoori Tomatoes, Carrot and Chickpea Salad, Jollof Rice with Plant-based Sausage, Garlic-leek Hummus, and Harira Soup
Available at Isle of Java, Terra Treats, Thirsty River Bar, and Outdoor Ice Cream Carts (Available March 28)
- Tiger Eye Gold: Refreshing, light golden ale brewed with a blend of malt and rice and finished with hops from the Pacific Northwest that impart a hint of citrus flavor and the aroma of mandarin orange blossoms
Available at Dawa Bar, Eight Spoon Café, Restaurantosaurus Lounge, Thirsty River Bar, TriloBites, and Warung Outpost (Available April 2 through 30)
- Honey Bee Citrus Ale: Celebrating our pollinators, this ale is a light, slightly sweet, honey ale with a crisp clean finish
Disney Resort Hotels
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Mara (Available April 22 only; mobile order available)
- Cactus Cake: Chocolate cake, peanut butter filling, strawberry jam, and buttercream (New)
Sanaa (Available April 1 through 30)
- Chaat: Seasonal vegetables from The Land at EPCOT and potato croquette with chana masala, kale pakora, tamarind, coriander chutney, and coconut raita (New) (Plant-based)
Available at Various Table-service Restaurants and Disney Resort Hotel Lounges including California Grill, Jiko: The Cooking Place, Boma: Flavors of Africa, Victoria Falls, Flying Fish, Belle Vue Lounge, and AbracadaBAR (Available April 1 through May 31)
- Honeycomb Cocktail: A tribute to global conservation through bee pollination featuring Four Roses Bourbon, lemon juice, and honey garnished with a dehydrated blood orange and honeycomb (New)
Available at Various Pool Bars Across Disney Resort Hotels (Available April 1 through May 31)
- Cucumber Gimlet: Inspired by bright, refreshing flavors of spring and garden vegetables like cucumber, lime juice, and simple syrup topped with soda water with a chili-lime rim and cucumber garnish (New)
Happy Earth Month! Remember to continue your support of the planet beyond just the month of April. And be sure to take your own foodie adventures all throughout Disney Parks – the possibilities are endless.
If you want to learn more about the foodie fun happening, check out our Disney Eats topics page and Disney Eats on Instagram!
(Note: All offerings are subject to change and availability.)
Do you have plans to visit Disney World next month? Which of these new food items are you excited to try? Comment below to let us know!
If you’re ready to start exploring a Walt Disney World or Disneyland family vacation, I recommend checking out Undercover Tourist for your ticket options. I’ve already used them twice, once at Disneyland and once at Disney World and will plan to continue comparing their prices with other sites, however I usually come back to UT because they have the best deals and their instructions make it easy to add your tickets to the Disney apps.