Disney Parks Blog has announced the closure of the Walt Disney World Resorts theme parks and water parks due to the impending hurricane barreling through the Gulf of Mexico.
Ready to start your own blog? Click here to learn how.
As the post mentions, the parks will be closed for 2 days, Tomorrow, Wednesday September 28th and Thursday September 29th.
If you’re not in Orlando yet, please stay home and out of harms way. If you are in Orlando and can’t make it out, be sure to check in with your resort front desk if you need additional information. Please remember safety is most important. Sta6 safe everyone!
Be sure to check out the Disney weather page for the most up to date information here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/weather-updates/. Per the site:
Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Water Parks
Walt Disney World will temporarily close our theme parks on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park (Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is currently closed for the season.)
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
- Fantasia Gardens
- Fairways Miniature Golf
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a validity window impacted by closure due to Hurricane Ian will be automatically extended to allow use of the remaining unused ticket days through September 30, 2023. In order to enter a park, both a park reservation and valid ticket for the same park on the same date is required.
Also some updated resort information:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, all Guests including our Disney Vacation Club Members must check in to our resorts on Sept. 28, by 3 p.m. Guests may reschedule their trip or cancel their stay with us; any customary cancellation fees will be waived. Check in will not be accepted on Thurs Sept 29.
- Guests that are checked in by 3 p.m. Wednesday will be asked to shelter in place at their resort for the duration of the storm, this includes any resort-to-resort transfers
- Guests are strongly encouraged to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the parks and Disney Springs before returning to their Resort hotels.
- Dining options for Guests staying in our Resort hotels will vary, and in some cases may be very limited. Where available, restaurants will accept walk-ups only; Guests will not need dining reservations.
- Characters will not be available in character dining locations on Wednesday and Thursday
- The Grand Floridian Spa will close at noon Wednesday, Sept. 28.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will temporarily close Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations.
Again, please view https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/weather-updates/ for the latest information if you’re on site at Walt Disney World.